Business Owners Policy (BOP) Insurance
A business owners policy (BOP) is several insurance policies your insurance company combines and offers at a discount. A BOP usually includes general liability insurance, property insurance and business interruption insurance.
Since the insurer designs the BOP, they also set the criteria for qualifying to purchase a BOP. Not every small and medium-sized business is eligible to purchase this insurance package.
Contact A&G Insurance Agency to find out if a BOP is a good fit for your organization.
What Is Covered Under a BOP?
A BOP typically provides the following three essential insurance policies:
- Property insurance helps cover the costs of replacing or repairing company property after a covered incident.
- General liability insurance helps cover a company’s legal liability after accidental third-party property damage or injury.
- Business interruption insurance helps cover regular bills such as rent and payroll if a company must temporarily close to allow for repairs after a covered event.
Your agent can help you tailor your BOP by adding endorsements or other insurance policies to help mitigate additional risks.
Depending on your industry and the size of your operation, your agent may recommend the following:
- Employee practices liability
- Business vehicle insurance
- Cyber liability and cyber risk insurance
- Flood insurance
- Equipment breakdown insurance
- Employment practices liability insurance
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Umbrella insurance
Who Is Eligible for a Bop?
BOPs generally work best for small and medium-sized businesses in low-risk industries. Insurance companies set the criteria to qualify for a BOP. Your agent can help you understand whether this coverage is appropriate for your organization.
How to Get a BOP
Contact A&G Insurance Agency today to learn about qualifying for a BOP and tailoring your coverage to meet the insurance needs of your business.